B A H R O S
IMPROVISIONAL PIANIST & COMPOSER
Since over 30 years, Bahros has centred his musical life on improvision, the art of creating music in real time. He has developed the transcultural genre as well as the notion of transtonality which are at the heart of his works.
World Premiere: Thilo Thomas Krigar's 1st improvisional piano concerto
Performance for television by Bahros previewed in Winter 2021 following Beethoven's 250th birthday The program will include Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto which was originally improvised by the composer at its premiere.
Creations during 2020
- Recording of over 100 piano pieces for United Nations Dayssince June 2019.
- Release of 3 documentariesfor television
- Dance filmbased on his improvisional score for - flute and string trio: Un Jour Infini (An Infinite Day)
- Edition of a musical tale: Papillon and the Seed
- Edition of a biographyabout his dedicated work to improvision for over 30 years
DANCE FILM FOR TELEVISION
A 52 minute film production with the participation of 10 international soloist dancers, based on the current confinement situation in the world. The theme of the film is about the quest of freedom within once those outside are taken away. What can our true role be on this planet? The perspective of death further bridging light to that of Life, Unity and Joy...
The music for the film is Un Jour Infini, a series of 9 pieces for flute with string trio. This work is based on the transcription of piano improvisions by Bahros in 1998.